a residential community in
Welcome to Summerfield and the Summerfield Civic Association's web presence. This site is maintained for the benefit of those living in — and those who have an interest in — our community, and endeavors to provide information of value for its residents while answering questions frequently posed by our new and prospective members. Please feel free to peruse the site to learn more about life in Summerfield.
IN A NUTSHELL: We are a residential subdivision situated in northwest Fairfield County in central Ohio, just southeast of our state's capital city, Columbus. Believed to be the largest such subdivision in Fairfield County, Summerfield consists of approximately 960 modern homes on spacious lots. Its residents make up ten percent of the population of unincorporated Violet Township. Located just south of Interstate 70, and bordered by State Routes 256 and 204, Harmon Road, and the Glenshire and Woodsfield subdivisions, Summerfield combines the advantages of suburbia, including an exceptional public school system, with easy access to Columbus and its environs.
- Commonly Requested Phone Numbers
- Summerfield Street Map
- Summerfield Platted Lot Map (large)
- Google Maps View of Summerfield **
- Bing's Bird's-eye View of Summerfield(** To tour Summerfield using Google Street View, after pulling up the Google Map of Summerfield, drag the little yellow man on the left to the point of interest. The Google Street View van drove through our subdivision and recorded these pictures on October 8, 2007.)
Been Remiss about Paying your SCA Dues?
If you're feeling guilty about having not paid your Summerfield Civic Association dues yet this year, please take a moment and write out a check. Dues remain at $10/yr, which is a bargain when you consider what the surrounding subdivisions charge. Your membership helps keep the SCA strong, and a strong Civic Association makes for a better community. Please make checks payable to the Summerfield Civic Association and mail them to:Ron Brandler 13104 Summerfield Way Pickerington, OH 43147
Online Discussion Groups for Summerfield Residents
We currently have two online communities that serve our residents, plus a Facebook presence as well. The original discussion and alerting group is known as the Summerfield Grapevine. It is a Yahoogroup that is used to ask questions about our neighborhood, post reminders of upcoming meetings, and disseminate important information quickly. It is normally a low-volume group, although it can occasionally generate significant traffic. Residents are invited to subscribe using the box at the right. Leave your street address for verification along with any other comments in the "Comment to Owner" field during the registration. Summerfield residents only please.
An alternative site has recently generated a great deal of interest among Summerfield residents. The site, nextdoor.com, advertizes itself as "the private social network for your neighborhood." It claims to have signed up over 30% of the Summerfield households as members. By default, this site generates a significant amount of daily traffic, but allows you to select the categories you would like, and like not, to receive. Registration and proof of identity and residency are required. Summerfield residents are encouraged to join one or both of these groups.
The Summerfield Civic Association consists of people like you and me — residents of Summerfield who are committed to strengthening our community and making it a better place in which to live. We sponsor various activities throughout the year, maintain the common areas of Summerfield, work with local government officials and commissions, and enforce deed restrictions within our community.
- Fairfield County Sheriff's Office
- Fairfield County Auditor's Office (Property Tax Info)
- Fairfield County Board of Elections (How do I register? Where Do I Vote?) (Absentee Voting) (Sample Ballots)
- Violet Township Home Page (Directory Page)
- City of Pickerington Home Page
- Pickerington Demographics
- Pickerington Local School District
- Pickerington Public Library
- Pickerington Youth Athletic Association
- Pickerington Area Soccer Association
- Metro Parks
- Surrounding community websites: Bentwood Farms/Mallard Pond Chevington Village Chevington Woods Countrywood Glenshire Huntington Hills Mingo Estates Park Place
- Homing in: website home pages for our Country State County Township Subdivision